|Crafts & Hobbies Information|
Embroidery Thread Tips for Better Machine Embroidery Sewing
I have some tips for you to get better results with using your embroidery threads in machine embroidery sewing.
1. If you're experiencing thread breakage or have had finished designs bleeding onto your garments after laundering, you're probably still using rayon thread! The polyester embroidery threads are stronger and more colorfast. Always remove your embroidered garments from the washer immediately, this will help eliminate the bleeding. For the breakage, try lowering your tension, rayon threads are the weakest of the embroidery threads.
I've been using a commercial polyester thread, ARC embroidery thread for over a year now and getting fantastic results. Never a break and it launders beautifully time after time. The embroidery is still gorgeous even after the garment is worn out. The arc thread currently has 288 colors!
2. If you're experiencing a heavy build up on the back of your designs, try using the only pre-wound bobbin that works trouble-free in our machines. They are precision wound with 132 yds per bobbin, of continuous filament polyester, which runs with less lint. Not only do they decrease the amount of build up-I don't have to clean out my machine as often!
3. If you've given up on using metallic thread because of the breakage and other problems that are common to metallics, you haven't tried the best yet! In my opinion there's only one metallic that I'll spend my time using - Mon-Rex commercial grade metallic thread. It is a true 40 wt. & requires no special lubricants or other than normal tension settings. I don't use a special needle either! It comes in 21 gorgeous colors on 1000-1080 yd cones.
For the "other" brands you may want to try the following:
1. Always feed metallic thread from the side of the cone/spool or it will kink. 2. Lower the upper tension. 3. Use a larger eye needle or metallic needle. 4. Do not use any lubricants in our machines - they will ruin our auto tension disks!
Terry Carter is the webmaster and author of embroidery articles at embroidery designs by Thread Artist. He has an article about embroidery software for digitizing and lettering fonts at embroidery software. There is free embroidery digitizing Tutorial at this web address - embroidery by Thread Artists. You can email Terry at this address - ThreadArtist@qx.net
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Using Your Dogs Hair
Dog hair (called chiengora)can be spun into yarn, much like sheeps's wool, alpaca, or any other animal fiber. The process is the same.
A Beginners Guide to Buying Authentic Swords Online
Looking at all the various swords for sale online can make you feel a bit like a kid in a candy store. But if you are looking to buy authentic replica swords online, it can be a bit harder to get what you really want than it otherwise might first appear?Sure, if you are just looking for an ornamental sword to hang on the wall - it's pretty easy.
Molding Leather Armor
In order to mould leather armor, soak it in water until it becomes pliable and soft. Then place it in the mould until it dries and hardens.
What Do I Need to Start Scrapbooking?
The best thing about scrapbooking is that although there are a plethora of scrapbooking supplies available on the market, you really don't need a lot to make your very first scrapbook. Basically, all you need to scrapbook is an album, some glue, a pair of scissors, and some photographs or newspaper clippings.
Are Your Airbrush Products Selling? If So, Here Are 3 Ways To Further Skyrocket Sales!
One of the biggest challenges faced by airbrush artists are proof of what you say is true! The potential customer is going to find it hard to believe you. Whether it is, if you can do the work, whether they think you are charging them too much, or it is simply that you are artistic, potential customers are going to find it hard to trust you.
Sell Hobby Items by Mail
You can, if you are ambitious, start a Mail Order Business selling collectables to hobbiest by mail. To begin, you must first find a hobby that appeals to YOU.
How to Make Personalized Candle Gifts From Ordinary Candles
If you are looking for a fun gift to make for any occasion, then personalized candle making may be something you would like to consider. There are many ways to make personalized candles, depending on how much time and money you are willing to spend.
Creating Vacation Memories
My daughter and I recently had the opportunity to spend a week at Disney World in Orlando, Florida. We were totally overwhelmed with all the things there were to do, and I had no idea how we would ever be able to remember it all.
Leather CareWhen buying leather, the best thing you can do is ask the people who you buy it from, what the manufacturer recommends for leather care and cleaning. Don't forget to ask what other products may work well for leather care too, as there may be something you're more comfortable using.
10 Reasons to Create and Give a Gift Basket!
10. A Themed Gift Basket is for everyone and every occasion.
Faux Wax Seals, Tearing, and Fraying in Your Scrapbooks
Would you like to add more creative appeal to your scrapbooks? Here are three methods to add more depth and creativity to your scrapbook creations.A good way to make your own personal seals is with Crayola Model Magic.
Money Making Hobby - Do You Have One?
Everyone has a hobby. We love all kinds of music, sports, movies, books.
I Didnt Know These Are Slowly Destroying My Scrapbooks!
Once you spend your precious time and energy creating a scrapbook, make sure it lasts! There are a few simple things you can easily do to ensure that your scrapbooks look just as good as the day you finished them, for years to come.The first thing to avoid is paper that is not lignin-free.
How to Use Feathers and Dried Flowers to Give Your Scrapbooks an Artistic Feel
Feathers make exotic and interesting embellishments and borders. Feathers add an air of softness.
Rubber Stamps and Scrapbooking - Keep Kids Busy with Crafts This Summer
They're out of school and back to torment the neighborhood this summer. You remember the days.
Depression Glass Patterns
Collectors of Depression Glass find not only its beautiful colors fascinating, but its patterns, as well. With many glass producers making this type of glass, as you can imagine, many patterns resulted, creating a wide array of pretty, practical, and inexpensive glassware affordable to every American household in that lean era of history and making Depression Glass one of the most collectible items today.
Why Should You Collect Cat Collectibles?
Let the cat out of the bag! True, you will know various cat collectibles in here. No secret will be hidden, and no cat collectibles you wouldn't know.
Craft Crocheting from Your Home
Crocheting is not only a craft but an art. Once you master the basic stitches you will be well on your way to creating masterpieces you will be pride to share with your family and friends.
Bartering: A Modern Day Phenomenon
Back in the early days of America, families didn't have much in the form of money. What they did have was skill, creativity, and a desire to help each other out.
Embroidery Stabilizing for Machine Embroidering
Here are some tips to get good results with your embroidery designs sewing.1.
|home | site map|