|Data Recovery Information|
Its All In The Planning - Surviving Disaster
ITS ALL IN THE PLANNING - PREPARING FOR THE UNTHINKABLE
* Make it clear who needs to do what, and who takes responsibility for what.
* Appoint deputies for key roles.
* Use checklists that people can follow easily.
* Include clear, direct instructions for the crucial first hour after an incident.
* Include a list of things that do not need to be considered until after the first hour.
* Agree how often you will check your plan to ensure it is always a "living document". Update it to reflect changes in personnel and in the risks you may face.
* A good plan will be simple without being simplistic. You can't plan in detail for every event. Remember that people need to be able to react quickly in an emergency; there will be no time to read lots of detail.
* Plan for worst-case scenarios. If your plan covers how to get back in business if a flood destroys your building, it will also work if just one floor is flooded.
FIVE STEPS TO GET ROUND DISRUPTION
Step 1 Analyse your Business
Step 2 Assess the Risks
Step 3 Develop your Strategy
Step 4 Develop your Plan
Step 5 Rehearse your Plan
People to contact who can give you advice:
Terry Cohen is a director of Archival Record Management plc who looks after the data that other businesses create; in a controlled & safe environment. He can be contacted on 0207 703 3915 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
could not open XML input