Forum Information

Make Money From Forums

If you have a website about a topic you enjoy, you can make money from discussion forums. Talk, post links to your site, get traffic. Traffic means money, right? If not, try different affiliate programs or Google Adwords. The worst sites should get a couple cents per visitor. Now here's how to talk and make money.

Search "forum" plus the topic of your site on Google or Alta Vista. For my first site, I searched "backpacking + forum" and in the pages of results I found several good forums. I also searched related topics like "hiking" too. You can also check about.com, and other sites that have forums on many topics.

Registration is usually giving your email address and choosing a password. Some forums allow guests to post without registering. Once registered, browse the forum topics, and post a response to anything, just to "learn the ropes".

Income From Discussion Forums

The point of posting in forums is to get readers to come to your web site. Sure it's fun to give advice and discuss things of interest to you, but that's secondary. With that in mind, do the following:

1. Always link to your site. If they don't allow any links, find another forum.

2. Don't "spam." Sales pitches will be removed. Offer honest advice, or express an opinion, then sign off with your name and the link to your site.

3. Ask for help from others. This is an effective and acceptable way to "advertise." Enter a topic like "Can I get some advice?" and post something like, "I just started a meditation site. If some of you would visit and tell me what you think, I'd really appreciate it." Have a link to the site. People love to help, and to give opinions, and they'll click on those ads while they're at your site.

4. Look at total "views." Many forums show the total times each "thread" has been viewed. When you see some with many more than others, get in on those, or start a new thread on the same topic. Go where the traffic is, and get some of it.

I didn't like the idea of forums until I made a few posts, and saw my traffic and revenue climb for days afterwards. That convinced me. Just be polite, offer some value to others, and always have a link to your site. Many other secrets of using forums are covered in my newsletter, but this should be get you started. Talk and make money today.

Steve Gillman writes on many money-related topics. To learn more, and to subscribe for FREE to "Web Site Optimization Secrets," go to: http://www.TheMoneyMakerSite.com

MORE RESOURCES:
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news

AmmoLand Shooting Sports News

All Public Forums / Social Media Should Be Open & Uncensored
AmmoLand Shooting Sports News
USA – -(Ammoland.com)- President Trump may not block even rude or obnoxious criticism from his Twitter account, because it is a public forum that is protected by the First Amendment, US District Court Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald has ruled.

The Columbian

Community forums aim to inspire historical inquiry and visions of the future
The Columbian
A pair of thought-provoking community forums in downtown Vancouver will dig deeply into these deep questions. Today at 1 p.m., gather with your neighbors from all around the county to share “Clark County Stories: Migration Stories” at the Vancouver ...

Chronicle

Forums to discuss research into Surat Basin CSG sector
Chronicle
A SERIES of community forums in Toowoomba and the Surat Basin will next week discuss the latest research into the coal seam gas sector in regional communities. Events in Toowoomba, Dalby, Chinchilla, Miles and Roma will be run by the University of ...

Townhall

Public Forums Should Be Open and Uncensored
Townhall
President Trump may not block even rude or obnoxious criticism from his Twitter account, because it is a public forum that is protected by the First Amendment, US District Court Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald has ruled. The President's use of his Twitter ...
A judge just said Trump can't block people on Twitter. What about Minnesota's elected officials?MinnPost

all 57 news articles »

The Independent

Security forums planned at each of Narragansett's schools ...
The Independent
After hosting a school security conversation prior to the School Committee's regular meeting in April, local officials plan to hold additional forums at each of the ...

and more »

Washington Post

Putin just welcomed the world at his forum. Women need not apply.
Washington Post
International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde was last to speak at the plenary session of Russia's glitzy economic forum, the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, on Friday afternoon, bearing a responsibility she compared to being married ...
Li Baodong: China and Russia should really work togetherCGTN (press release)
First day of SPIEF-2018 to focus on digitalization, human capital and Russian GDP growthTASS

all 714 news articles »

Loveland Reporter-Herald

Thompson School District to host forums on 2018-19 budget
Loveland Reporter-Herald
LOVELAND — The Thompson School District will host two community forums to discuss the current 2018-19 budget process on Wednesday, May 30, and Thursday, May 31. The forums will include an update on the proposed budget and a chance for visitors ...

The Newark Advocate

After levy failure, big turnout for Granville Schools funding forum
The Newark Advocate
Granville Schools held the first of several planned public “Funding Forums” May 23, just ahead of a regularly scheduled Board of Education meeting at which members officially voted to implement staff cuts. Both gatherings came in response to the May 8 ...

Enid News & Eagle

Reminder for Gubernatorial candidate forum Tuesday
Enid News & Eagle
Enid's rescheduled gubernatorial candidate forum is still set to go Tuesday. Sponsored by The Oklahoma Academy and originally set for Enid in February, the forum is 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Central National Bank Center. According to the forum agenda, ...

Citywire.co.uk

Website not secure?
Citywire.co.uk
Recently, when trying to log in here, either on iPad or laptop, I keep getting a warning that this website is not secure - has anyone else noticed this? I don't sign in very often but this makes me wary. Back to top, Quote. User Profile; View All Posts ...

Google News

home | site map
© 2007