Get Traffic & Sales Using Discussion Forums
Message boards, discussion forums and newsgroups can all produce very profitable results for you and your business. Most of us already participate in one or more of these and the more you participate the bigger the benefits to you and your website will be.
So let's find out how to make this a profitable venture for you.
Posting on forums, newsgroups and boards is the start of a relationship between you and others who read these venues. Many message boards and forums also allow you to use a picture of yourself. This adds to making the whole experience much more personal between you and other readers. It allows for many friendships to be formed. I am constantly told by readers of my newsletter that they have often meet people they deal with online and many friendships have been developed.
With these venues you have the potential to reach thousands of people, all who can help you and your business and may form some lasting friendships in the process..
This is one of the most productive efforts that you can involve yourself in online. Time is money and a lot of you are also working full time jobs while trying to build an online business. Set aside time on a daily basis to participate in at least one of these ventures.
- Join boards where your expertise can help relevant traffic and leads for your site.
- Join areas where you have an opportunity to help others and others who may be able to help you.
- Join areas where people are involved with the same interests that you have in websites you have developed.
I have an online newsletter (http://www.emailpromotions.net) that is aimed at people working on the internet. I offer free software that I have found online as well as marketing tips, traffic tips and computer tips. I also have a website that focuses on Resort Spas Worldwide (http://www.spasoftheworld.com). I participate in a great number of forums and newsgroups and it is a tremendous help in building my online businesses
1. Look for message boards that get a lot of traffic. The more traffic on the board the better your chances of getting more traffic to your site and making good connections with others. If the forums contain spam, avoid them like the plague. They are a waste of your time.
2. Let people know who you are. Use your real name and if possible post a picture of your self. Don't be afraid to also use the logo from your site if you have one. You need people to trust you in order to build an online experience with them. You will be surprised at how well known you will become by using this simple method. Not only will people get to know and trust you but they will refer others to you. Word of mouth/email is a very powerful tool for you to use.
3. Success in getting your post read is your first priority. Subject lines MUST catch a persons eye in order for them to open it. Stick to topics that are hot or create your own hot topic. That way your message is right at the top. People like to look at hot topics and busy threads.
5) When posting or responding to a topic, use keywords that people using the search engines would use to find that topic. Put those right in the subject line since the search engines do index many popular discussion boards.
4. Keep in mind that message boards are also websites and search engines pick up keywords. Make sure you use a lot of good keywords in the body of your message and also in the subject line if possible.
5. As well as keywords, offer a link to someone that is free that people can use. An ebook, a free software program etc. The link alone will bring people back to the topic time and time again, bringing more and more traffic.
6. Signature files...you should already be using a signature file with your emails but make sure to use them every time you post. Make sure it explains your site and your product. This will also count as sites that link to your website and thereby increase you popularity and rankings. Make sure you do it tastefully or you will see your message tossed very quickly.
7. Make sure you are contributing something of value when you participate in these communities. Once you start to become a valuable contributor others will be more trusting of you and will feel safe making purchases from your site.
8. Forum etiquette. Make sure you follow the rules to a "T" or you will develop a reputation for being combative. So many people attack others and if you must respond to someone attacking you, take it to private messages. Attacking others or attacking in defense will drive business away from your site faster than you can blink an eye. Before you post any message, read it carefully and make sure it does not sound combative. Always read your posts before hitting the submit button.
9. Posting on a regular basis will give you more traffic than you dreamed of. Set aside ½ hour a day to monitor boards and to post on some. It should pay off very nicely in the end.
Jean Sutherland has successfully run her own ezine for over 5 years and has a subscriber base of 35,000. Her ezine revolves around people doing business online and beside offering free software, it also provides traffic & marketing tips, informative business articles, free ebooks and computer tips for those trying to work online. http://www.emailpromotions.net
could not open XML input