|Goal Setting Information|
Top 10 Ways to Ensure New Years Resolution Success
Did you know that fewer than 10% of people who set New Year's Resolutions actually achieve them? How can you ensure YOUR success? Try using the Top 10 Tips below.
1. Write Them Down. It's a fact: writing down your goals gives you a higher chance of success.
2. Commit. Move beyond the land of "good ideas" to promise yourself to show up for your goals. Perhaps you can do a ritual or ceremony to symbolize your commitment.
3. Tell People. Let your biggest fans in on your new commitments and goals for the year.
4. Get Accountability. Even better than just letting others in on your "secret" dreams and goals-get some accountability. Meet for lunch once a month with a group that will ask you, "So, how's it going with your goal?" Hire a Life Coach. Talk to your best friend. Get some support!
5. Make a Plan. Ensure success with a step-by-step plan. Electric Kites loves to work backwards by starting with the end vision of where you want to be and working backwards to where you are today. You'll find an easy plan to make your goal a reality.
6. Do a Goal Check-In. Before you decide on what you'll take on for the year, make certain you can answer, "YES!" to the following questions: "Am I the primary reason for setting this goal (vs. your mom, boyfriend, wife, boss, society)? Do I feel alive and energized by this goal? Is this goal in line with my life purpose or mission?"
7. Get Real! If you're contemplating putting a goal down that you always put down and never achieve, take a second look. How will this goal end DIFFERENTLY this year? Is this goal something you need to let go of? What purpose is it serving you each year?
8. Focus With Reminders. Once you've got your goals and plan in place, figure out ways to remind yourself. Some Electric Kites' clients post their goals in their bathrooms or cars. Others put reminders in their palm pilots or cell phones. Figure out what works for you.
9. Believe and Visualize. Do you know the story about the group of basketball players who spent one hour visualizing making baskets, while another group actually practiced? The visualizing players had better seasons! So visualize yourself on New Years Eve 2005 with all your goals achieved. What would that look like? How would it feel? Visualize once a day and see the difference it can make in your life.
10. Get Your Butt to the ReCHARGE Workshop! All of the above steps (and MUCH MORE!) are outlined in depth at the Electric Kites ReCHARGE Workshop in Los Angeles on Jan. 8th and the SF Bay Area on Jan. 22nd Imagine the difference it will make to take just one day out of your life and focus on yourself, your dreams and your goals. You deserve it! It is an investment that is guaranteed to bring success. (Electric Kites clients won big in 2004. Go to our website to see how: www.ElectricKites.com!)
May 2005 be the year that your goals and dreams reach full flight! Check out more articles and the Electric Kites website at www.ElectricKites.com
Amy is an International Certified Life Coach with clients in both the US and abroad. She has over seven years combined professional experience as a life coach, sales executive, actress, and teacher. She holds a BA from the University of California, Irvine in Drama and earned the CPCC (Certified Professional Co-Active Coach) designation from The Coaches Training Institute.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
This simple method is used by Bill Gates, Larry Page and even Bono to tackle their biggest goals - CNBC
Goal-setting: When Aditya Birla made son Kumar Mangalam take CA and BCom exams simultaneously - Economic Times
Action Achieves Goals - Talk Is Cheap
It is very easy and a lot of fun to talk about dreams and goals and a great future. Achieving these dreams is not so easy as all wise people know.
How to Replace Bad Habits with Good Ones: The Science of "Habit Management"
Few things are more difficult than kicking bad habits or developing more positive ones. But it is definitely worth the effort.
Fear the Future? Dont.
In one sense there are three parts of our lives. Past, present and future.
Commit It To Paper
Commit it to paper - You have the idea so therefore you have within you the ability to make it a reality. Admittedly it may not always be obvious, but rest assured deep down you're capable.
Improve Your Self Confidence
Knowing yourself is the foundation of self-esteem, self confidence and personal development. Man has been seeking himself since the days of the Oracle of Delphi.
Habits What I Want For You
Think for a moment about your Self. Is there something that you would like to have, somewhere you would like to go, or something you would like to do? What is holding you back? I can probably guess at the possible answers:"Not enough money.
Is it possible for an individual to pass a course of instruction with high marks and remain ineffective?Is it possible that this person never actually learned anything, but merely gathered enough information and remember it well enough to repeat the process?Learning should make you a more effective individual, learning should improve the quality of your life.Do you ever wonder why some stuff sticks in your brain and other stuff falls out?See, it's because.
One Focus To Success
Too many times we are distracted from our main goal and purpose by all of the different things out there that we want, or think we want. Instead of making choices, we seem to want it all, everything we come across.
Blogging Your Way to Goal Success
If you have always been procrastinating on how to get started or going with your goals, try this interesting method. Write a blog.
Look Where Youre Going - And Keep An Eye On The Blind Spots!
I recently had the pleasure of motorcycle riding instruction from a friend, Tony, a professional racer. He was an outstanding instructor and provided some great experience-based insight into the more intricate details of motorcycle riding.
Ask yourself, So what?
Neil Armstrong made his first moon walk on July 20, 1969, two months before I entered college. I remember that many Americans were euphoric about this accomplishment.
Goal Setting - A Valuable Lesson
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying.
Goals: What Would You Like to Accomplish in the Next 90 Days?
"What would you like to accomplish in the next 90 days?"That's the question I often ask of my coaching clients or seminar members as we begin to set goals.Once you have answered that question, here are 10 steps to get there.
Stop Scoring Own Goals
Own goals are actions, things we do, that stop us from reaching where we want to go or what we want to obtain. When we are out of focus, when we are out of tune with what's going on, when we do something which takes us in the opposite direction of where we were going or should be going, we have scored an own goal.
The Easiest Way to Hit a Goal Is to Give Yourself One to Hit
It seems as though so many people are seeking more, wanting more, and expecting more in their lives, yet when pressed about what "more" would look like, rarely can they give a definitive answer.They say things like, "I want to be happy," or "I want to be rich," or "I want the perfect mate.
Whats the Next Action Step?
Nothing gets done unless an action is completed. Everything we do is an action step.
Six keys to keys build vision - point four
4. Start somewhere (put to use what you already have)"Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.
How to FEEL your way to Success
Do you remember the last time you had a blast? I mean you were having the time of your life. Think about it.
Six Keys To Build Vision - Point Three
Six keys to keys to build vision - point three3. Associate with those who live visionThe key starting point on our path to being an effective visionary, is networking with those who live vision.
Great Things Materialize Once We Start to Visualize
Watching the Olympics last week really amazed me. The feats of strength were fantastic, and the drama of the events themselves was captivating.
|home | site map|