Improve Your Golf Performance With These 5 Tips
Improve your golf performance. Is this always on your mind? When you go out to golf you're hoping for a good round. I know I do.
How often does your outcome match what you hoped for? Do you usually shoot the scores you had envisioned before you teed off? If not, do you ever evaluate where and how you could have saved strokes and avoided those blow up holes?
I've got 5 easy tips for you to implement immediately that will improve your golf performance by shaving 4-6 or even more strokes off your score the next time you play. Give them a try and see what happens. Here they are:
1. First off you've got to put the proper fuel in your body before you leave home. Most golfers don't give it a second thought. They either don't eat at all before they leave home or they eat something that is not going to give them the long-term energy they're hoping for. So whether it's lunch or breakfast before you leave you need to consume a complex carbohydrate and a good protein source. This combination will warrant the best use of your energy for the long haul.
An example for breakfast would be a bowl of oatmeal and a couple of egss with a piece of fruit or a juice. For lunch you could have a turkey sandwich on whole wheat with a piece of fruit. Lot's of lettuce on the sandwich and try to avoid mayonnaise or butter.
2. The second tip is to properly warm up your body before you even hit your first ball. I see so many golfers show up 5 minutes before tee time, hack a few balls and head to the first tee. Those golfers are headed for a double bogey right off the bat - but hey they're just getting "warmed up" right?
A better approach is to give yourself at least 30 minutes before your tee time. First do some dynamic (movement oriented) stretches to prepare your body to perform. Things like arm circles, partial squats, toe touches, etc. Then take some half swings with a 7 iron. Now after that you're ready to hit some wedges. You'll find with this approach your hits on the range will be much better, which will build your confidence.
3. Drink lots of water even before you leave your house. Try to consume up to a gallon of Water before you get to the course. This will help you absorb and digest your pre-game meal and hydrate your muscles for optimal performance. Don't take this lightly. Dehydration causes energy loss, lack of focus and concentration and fatigue later in the round. And remember, that's before you even come to the course. Once you get their you should be drinking water every hole.
4. Don't wait 'til you get tight to stretch on the course. You should be constantly moving your body and stretching your joints while you play. I see and hear too many golfers complaining of tight lower backs or shoulders during the round, What amazes me is that with all that complaining they do nothing about it. Why? Think of your body as a machine. If the machine starts to break down - fix it. I mean stretch those areas while you're playing. You'll see a big difference in your swing mechanics late in the round.
5. Snack while you play. No I don't mean the full meal at the turn with a beer. I mean bringing fruit and nutrition bars to eat every 4-6 holes. When you supply your body with the proper nutrients your energy levels stay balanced and you will avoid those mental lapses late in the round. How many times have you had a good score only to blow up late in the round? I'll bet more than a couple of times. I know I have. Treat your body like a Ferrari not a Ford Pinto.
These tips if applied, will definitely improve your golf performance!
This article was provided by Mike Pedersen, golf fitness expert and author. Mike has a new book out that will quickly improve your game with easy tips and techniques to transform your game. Go take a look at http://www.ultimategolffitnessguide.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Westlake boys golf team wins regional tourney, will defend state championship - Austin American-Statesman (blog)
Winding down stellar career, Kocher leads Terps into Big Ten golf championships at BCC - Baltimore Sun
Golf Equipment - The Most Expensive Is Not Always Correct For You
The essentials of golf begin with the clubs you choose. Shopping on the Internet will save you time and money but choosing can be difficult, as there seems to be endless options.
Golf Specific Weight Training...Dont Fear It
The fascinating thing about golf-specific weight training is that despite the fear many golfers have of it, there is really nothing to be afraid of.Why should there be any reason for fear when 80 year old persons are comfortably going through them.
Golf Stretches Reduce Risk Of Injury And Improve Your Game
Most amateur golfers don't give enough attention to performing regular golf stretches both on and off the course. Range of motion of the trunk and upper extremities are key to a successful golf swing.
Online Golf Program Features and Benefits
There are many features and benefits to look for when it comes to choosing an online golf program over a personal golf trainer who charges by the hour or lesson. In this article, I will focus on the most important benefits.
Myrtle Beach Golf Vacations and Hurricanes - How to Weather the Storm
Hurricane season in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina runs from June through November each year. The peak months for hurricane activity are August and September.
Using A Golf Fitness Video Will Save Time And Improve Your Game
Using a golf fitness video is a great alternative to going to a gym. Just think of the time you're saving not worrying about what you where or how you look; or driving 20 to 30 minutes to your local gym; and then showering, changing and getting back home.
Gifts: Giving To The Beginner Golfer
It's golf season again! And you might be looking for a gift to give to someone who's just starting off in golf. So, here are some suggestions.
The Mental Side of Match Play
Many of us might assume that there isn't too much debate about the characteristics of a good match player. Clearly, the ability to play your game in the best or worst of conditions better or worse can be useful, conversely we know that bad match players are people easily put off their game or cannot perform when they need to most.
What Causes Golf Back Pain?
Why it that back pain is such a common complaint in golf and amongst golf players on any course?Does golf back pain have something to do with the game or do most players bring back pains acquired elsewhere into the game? While it is true that there are golfers who started having back pains and related problems long before they set foot on the course, there is clear evidence that golf does cause back pain, especially to those who do not exercise and condition their bodies for the game.One reason is that many of the back pains are aggravated by playing the game for long periods.
Golf Tips - The Secret and Crucial Role of Alignment in Supercharging Your Game!
The alignment is an absolutely crucial and vital part to any golfer's game. You swing round your body, therefore if your body is offline, your swing in turn will be off line and out of sync, resulting in a poor swing and a poor shot, usually ending up deep in the rough.
Its Not About The Bicep Curl When It Comes To Golf Fitness Training
How many of you have read, "It's Not About The Bike" by Lance Armstrong? What we learned about Lance's life is that his mission is all about survival, digging deep from within, honoring your goals and commitments, and following your dreams in spite of the often difficult road to the top.Following an interview I did recently with Annika Sorenstam's trainer, he made me think about golf fitness training at the elite level and what it was really about.
Stronger Abs for Golf
Everyone wants a firm midsection. For the golfer, it delivers much more than just a coveted physique.
Exercises to Prevent Common Golf Injuries
To those who don't play, golf seems like a low impact sport. But golf provides a real physical workout and arm and lower back pain and injuries are common among golfers.
Golf Humor Poetry:- Ode to the Fanatical Golfer (Part One)
He wanted golf to be experienced by all, And hoped his daughter would heed the call. "C'mon!", he said.
Golf Instruction Tip For Exercises In Your Office
If you are the typical enthusiastic golfer who thinks about the game all the time, even when you are in the office, then this golf instruction tip for exercises in your office will be of great help.But first it is important to appreciate the value of stretching exercises, which is what the golf instruction tip in this article is all about.
Golf Humor Examines Golf Emotions:- Are We Just A Bunch Of Cry Babies?
Let's examine an aspect of the game that I find par- ticularly fascinating:- The strong emotions associated with this game of golf.Before I started becoming a fan of this game, I always wondered how a game that looked so bland----and at times down right comatose-----that seemed to take boredom to a whole new level------could possibly have Any emotional appeal.
Myrtle Beach Golf - Quality and Quantity
Myrtle Beach is the best of both worlds for every golfer, QUALITY and QUANTITY. The Grand Strand has over 120 courses designed by the best in the game: Dye, Jones, Nicklaus, Palmer, and Fazio to name a few.
Golf Tips Discover The Magic
Golf is a physical and a mental game. There are many ways to impove your game.
How Fitness Has Changed The Face Of The PGA Tour
Professional golfers on the tour today are approaching fitness as they never have before. PGA players look to fitness for many of its benefits.
GPS Golf Balls Are Almost Here
As GPS technology gets better and better and smaller and smaller it will be able to be used for many things? For instance at the World Series a baseball hit into the third level will be able to be recorded by GPS as to exactly how far it was hit and it's trajectory to formulate where it would have actually landed had the stadium been flat. Thus we will be able to tell who was the greatest homerun power house of all times, perhaps even who is on steroids based on their body mass, speed of pitch, GPS data and 'haptics' (body movement and form).
|home | site map|