Home Improvement Information


Your Candles Are Killing You and Your Furniture - Substitute It!


Even though most of the houses are well lighted with electric powered lights, we can't escape using candles at home. Whether it is for a romantic candlelit dinner, for festive season such as Deepavali or Christmas or as back up when electricity cuts off, we know that candles are useful for every household. What we don't know is that candles are a common unrecognized cause of poor indoor air quality.

To be specific, the ingredient used to produce candles such as paraffin contains a host of toxin. This makes candles the major cause of black soot deposition, which damages home interiors, not to mention skin and lungs. Other dangerous ingredients in candles are lead wicks, synthetic scents and colorants.

Solution? Always go back to the nature! Try natural wax such as beeswax, soy, bayberry and palm. There are many goodness in beeswax which is derived from flowers and bees. It is nontoxic, naturally aromatic (Hey! After all, its from the flowers!) and when burned emits beneficial negative ions that actually help purify the air.

Michele Lum (michele@ideastoenhancehome.com) is the founder and CEO of Ideas To Enhance Home, a site where you can get free tips and ideas on how to enhance your home for better life in health, business, romance, children and security just by placing interesting home decors and setting up simple systems.

Sign up for a FREE subscription to tips and ideas on how to enhance your home by visiting www.IdeasToEnhanceHome.com 


MORE RESOURCES:
could not open XML input