A meal in Greece is highlighted with a selection of hot and cold plates known as mezedes. Soups are few but they are meals by themselves.
- The main course is a boiled or grilled meat/fish. There are also many delectable meat stews to choose from, as well as plain grilled cuts of meat and of course the well known charcoal grilled lamb or pork called souvlaki.
- Fish and shellfish are excellent in any kind of cooking. Salads are usually ordered with the main course and can consist fresh vegetables or cooked dandelions .
- Horiatiki, the traditional Greek salad, consists of tomato slices, cucumber slices, olives, peppers, onions and feta cheese dressed with oil and vinegar.
- Cheese, the most commonly offered in restaurants are feta (white semi-soft and salted), graviera (yellow hard), kasseri (yellow semi-soft), and manouri (unsalted creamy and fattening).
- Desserts, are a delectable treat, including baklava (consisting of strudel leaves and walnuts) and kataifi (which consists of nuts wrapped in shredded wheat with a honey sauce). During the summer as desserts are preferred large peaches , watermelonmelon, grapes and pears
- Greek coffee is like Turkish coffee. Greek coffee is always served with a glass of water.
There is a wide variety of eating establishments in Greece:
- Tavern, eating establishment with emphasis on the traditional cooking and mezedes.
- Psistaria, a barbecue style eating place.
- Estiatorion (restaurant), a conventional eating establishment.
- Psarotaverna (fish tavern), they specialise in fish and almost found by seaside or harbour side.
- Prices and Tipping, in Greece a 15% service charge is usually included in your bill. Menus are usually presented with two parallel price charts. On the left the price of the food and drink. On the right the same price with service and tax included. The service charge is ordained by Greek law so additional tipping is really a recognition of special service for special requests.
Extract from our Yachting in Greece - General Information and info. http://www.seascope-sailing.com/
For more information please check Yacht charters Greece/
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Ireland Golf Vacations - Top Tips To Help You Plan an Ireland Golf Vacation
Live your golfing dreams on an Ireland golf vacation.The K Club, Ballybunion, Lahinch, Doonbeg, Druids Glen? the names of the courses may not trip off the tongue quite as easily as those of their Scottish cousins but the quality is just as high.
Shark Pictures Not The Real Thing
Pictures of a massive dead Great White shark on the back of a bakkie are doing the rounds on email with the subject line saying "Caught at Monwabisi and Strandfontein Beach yesterday" - but experts have dismissed it as a hoax.The grim pictures show the shark with a hook and trace still attached.
Going it Alone: The Waterfall at Mendenhall Glacier, Alaska
I stood at the observation point on the balcony at the Visitor Center overlooking the great Mendenhall Glacier at Juneau, Alaska. Before me was a beautiful scene.
River Rafting: An Overview
White-water rafting can be one of the most exhilarating experiences of a lifetime. River rafters see breathtaking scenery, get great exercise, and experience terrific adventure.
A Thumb Sketch Outline of Tanzania's Attractions and National Parks
The Northern Circuit is probably Africa's most dramatic wildlife area. Game safaris never fail to satisfy with the thrill of the big game; they also offer diverse flora, panoramic landscapes and spectacular mountains; the game migrations across the plains defy description.
10 Tips to Planning Your Dream Road Trip
Everyone has a travel dream. For many it is hitting the road for a relatively unlimited time, either here or abroad.
Hawaii Volcano Tour
A Hawaii volcano tour can be a most memorable experience, and is readily available (short of eruptions!) year round. While each island boasts some volcanic heritage, The Big Island is where all the action is.
New Technologies in Camping and Outdoor Clothing Enhance the Outdoor Experience
Camping is an excellent way to explore and experience the outdoors. The weather needn't be an obstacle to what sorts of climates and places you might trek to.
Yellowstone Camping In The Fall
Soon, the busy summer tourist season will be over in Yellowstone National Park. If you are interested in enjoying one of the world's most unique geological wonders without the traffic, and crowds, it is time to start planning a trip.
Stay Warm - A Backpacking Skill
Stay warm or die. That's what it comes down to at the extremes.
Dont Forget that Camping Gear Checklist Before You Leave on that Family Camping Adventure
A camping gear checklist is an important tool to help you prepare and pack for that annual family camping trip. The last thing you want to remember about that camping trip is how you forgot that one piece of important gear and made the whole family unhappy.
The Wandle Trail - Map and Illustrated Guide
The Wandle offered wonderful trout fishing up to the latter part of the last century. The Wandle Trail was established by the Wandle Group in association with the Wandle Industrial Museum in September 1988, launched with a walk with over 200 participants, led by Colin Saunders.
River Rafting in Washington State
The great state of Washington offers some of the best white-water rafting in the entire country. There are around 15 rivers in Washington state that are great for river rafting.
Plymouth Plantation and Mayflower - Links to Our Past Guide, Part 1
Plimoth Plantation and the Mayflower II ship are major attractions in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Authentic yet entertaining the two are links to our past and the 102 passengers that survived the journey across stormy seas.
Japanese Garden of Monaco
Have you ever seen an authentic Japanese garden? Well, I had the chance of seeing the one in Monaco and was really impressed too. Wanna taste a little Japanese culture? Stepping on this ground is escaping from the real world into a fantasy land.
Catch Another Falling Star
Recently we stayed at a state campground in Michigan near a couple of lakes and the Kalamazoo River.The sites were large and wooded and secluded and it was soooooo relaxing to be there.
Whitewater Rafting Trip
For the dedicated water sport enthusiast there can be no greater challenge than embarking on a whitewater rafting trip. The abundance of whitewater rafting trip courses available worldwide offer enjoyment and challenges for both the novice and the more experienced adventurer.
Solo Backpacking Tips
Solo backpacking means peace and quiet. No one to talk to means no words are put between you and the beauty around you.
Be Sure to Buy the Best Discount Camping Gear Before Going on that Family Adventure
When you're on the Internet looking for discount camping gear, it's good to read an online camping equipment review. There are so many camping outdoor gear products on the market today that the challenge is choosing between them.
Cycling in Europe: There's More to the Tour de France than Lance
For the 92nd time, the Tour de France has started. This three week cycling race is one of the biggest sporting events in the world and undoubtedly the toughest on the individual participants.
|home | site map|