|PPC & Advertising Information|
How to Beat Your Rivals on Google AdWords
Google AdWords is a great tool for driving traffic to your site; but you need to know how to make the most of the system. Many people just find they end up spending loads of money bidding on super-competitive keywords and sooner or later their ads get disabled for under-performing. While your competitors seem to be getting the top spot time and time again! Want to know how to beat them? Read on..
1. Always specify negative keywords. For example, if your product requires payment, include -free as a negative keyword; that way your ad won't be shown to people who include free in their search and you won't have to pay for visitors who have no intention of spending any money!
2. Bid on AS MANY relevant keywords as possible. If you're only bidding on a dozen keywords then you're probably bidding on the same ones as all your rivals and you'll end up having to pay too much per visitor. If you can think of interesting new combinations of keywords that none of your rivals are bidding on, you'll be able to get high up the results very cheaply. Of course, these less common keywords get searched for less often and will therefore bring in less visitors, but because you're paying less, these visitors are potentially more profitable.
3. Try to split your keywords into groups of similar words and then create a separate campaign for each group. In each campaign you can reword your ads so that they are exactly relevant to those keywords. This will dramatically improve the click-through rate. If you Ad contains any of the exact words which the person searched for, then it makes those words bold, and they are more likely to be clicked on. So make sure that each campaign's advert is very closely relevant to the keywords/phrases you bid on.
4. The higher your click-through rate (CTR), the higher you ad will be shown. Even if you are bidding less money than the person above you, if your ad gets a higher CTR Google will show yours higher. If your ad does not get at least 0.5% CTR, google will disable your ad; so do not bid on keywords that are not directly relevant to your adverts!!
5. For every keyword or phrase you bid on, you should also bid on "keyword" and [keyword]. Putting the keyword or phrase into "inverted commas" means that your ad will show any time someone searches for that word/phrase as part of a search with other terms included, putting it in [square brackets], means that your ad will show when someone searches for that phrase and NOTHING else. Google prioritises ads that are closely targeted to what people have searched for, so this will help you get higher up the results.
6. Always run at least two, differently worded, ads for each campaign. Google will automatically show both adverts alternatively, and you can then see which advert gets a higher CTR (i.e. which ad people are more likely to click on). When you've had a good number of clicks you can decide which advert is most effective and delete the less effective one. Then create a new second advert and see if you can get a higher CTR with a different type of wording. This way you are constantly improving the wording on your adverts to make them as attractive and effective as possible.
Steven is part of London web designer Cleartide's team in charge of managing Create a website and 2Clicks.com - the easiest way to build your own website - They specialise in web design, development and strategy.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Bassem Ghali, CEO of Green Lotus, Presents The Latest Marketing Insights And Online Lead Generation Strategies To ... - PR Web (press release)
$1 Million in Google AdSense Earnings
They are calling him the million dollar man. Jason Calacanis recently revealed in his blog that he is on track to earn a million dollars from AdSense over the year ahead.
Advertising Using PPC Search Engines
Internet technology offers vast opportunities to promote your business with virtually no advertising borders, and you can find countless sources online directing you towards budget marketing via pay-per-click search engines for maximum effectiveness in the information age.Enterprising people know all the benefits of optimizing their online advertising, and because of this fact the 'pay-per-click' (PPC) technique has been developed to meet the need.
How to Master Google AdWords - Part 2
4. Write an attractive ad - you have a very limited space to write your ad so you need to make each word count if you want your visitors to click through to your web site or landing page.
5 Ways To Make Your Adwords Ads Outshine Your Competitors
Google Adwords is a very good place to promote your business on the Internet. It allows you to target for specific keywords, allowing you to to promote right product to the right audiences.
When Adsense Makes No Sense: Knowing When Not To Use The Google Adsense Pay-Per-Click Program
Google's AdSense program is a proven money-maker that has enriched the pockets of many website owners. Unlike many pay-per-click systems, the AdSense program has a large pool of advertisements to draw from -- the ads come from Google's AdWords program, which you can think of as the flipside of AdSense -- which almost guarantees that AdSense can find relevant advertisements to display alongside a site's content.
Using Google AdWords to Increase your Adsense Profits
I had been using Google's Adsense program to generate some revenue from my various web sites. Prior to Adsense, I was never previously paid to run these and did so for a hobby.
Pay-Per-Click Marketing: How to Waste Your Advertising Budget
A well-oiled pay-per-click search engine campaign can land hundreds of highly targeted visitors on practically any website within a matter of days. That isn't new information.
Seven Tips To Getting The Nost From Your Google Ad Word Investment
With Google Ad Words . .
10 Great Things NOT to Do with Google AdSense
There is no question that you can make some good money with Google AdSense, but you're setting yourself up for disaster if you make any of these Top 10 mistakes!1. Do not use fake information when opening your Google AdSense account.
Keywords, How to Find Them, and Use Them Effectively
To be a successful affiliate marketer takes a ton of work. You probably know this by now.
The Evolution of Google AdSense
The web has evolved into a complex "organism" which, to some, appears to have a life of its own. As the Internet has evolved, so too have online marketers and publishers.
Affiliate Tips to Raise Your ROI - From Loser to Winner in 30 Days
"Todd" was keen to compete in one of the most notoriously difficult categories - work-at-home. He was smart, earnest, hard-working and keen to make affiliate marketing more than just a part-time endeavor.
How to Beat Your Rivals on Google AdWords
Google AdWords is a great tool for driving traffic to your site; but you need to know how to make the most of the system. Many people just find they end up spending loads of money bidding on super-competitive keywords and sooner or later their ads get disabled for under-performing.
Yahoo! Publisher Network - The Next AdSense?
Yahoo announced that their Publisher Network, formerly available in the US for large websites, will be extended to small and medium-sized websites.As stated by Yahoo representatives, this will allow the whole publishing community to take advantage of Yahoo's products and services through what they have described as an "easy-to-use self-serve platform".
Price Your ClickBank Products for Maximum Profit
Choosing the right price for your digital products is one of the most critical, yet difficult, aspects of your business strategy.Most merchants understand that over-valuing a product kills sales.
AdSense Secrets - Joel Comms Google AdSense Guide Reviewed
Joel Comm is the best-selling author of a book called "What Google Never Told You About Making Money with AdSense!"Some may wonder why Google never told you these AdSense secrets, but the reality is that Google tightly controls & denies their publishers from sharing specific click through, page views, and other internal metrics. It's probably a good thing that Google controls this data as it stops a whole series of events that would only cost time to contain.
Dynamic Resource for Adsense: 3 Practical Models Quickly Earn & Maximize Google Adsense Revenue
Looking back in time, I could still remember standing in awe and reading the exploits of one adsense guru who was starting a membership service for people keen to maximise their earnings as a google adsense publisher. He claimed to be making over $40K a month from his google adsense revenue and an almost equal amount from affiliate products.
Pay-Per-Click Fraud Exposed--Part II
According to Andy Jones, a member of the Best Practices Search Engine Forums, fraudulent clicks are just another aspect of the business. "Any of us that use AdWords or any other PPC has to pay for a certain percentage of fraudulent clicks," he said in a forum discussion.
The Fastest Way to Get Traffic to Your Site
Lots of people would like to get their Web site to the top of Google's free listings. But that's precisely the problem: You're competing with lots of people.
Internet Advertising Options
Your online business will likely require more advertising than a contemporary business downtown, yet some new to the world of online business do not spend the time and money to advertise their business appropriately and are, in turn, losing money. Your online business is crammed into the world wide web along with thousands of others selling the same product or service as yourself.
|home | site map|