|Time Management Information|
31 Ways to Get An Extra Hour Out of Each Day
How can you get an extra hour out of each day? For many small business owners this is a daily challenge.
I myself have often wished that there were 27 hours in the day. I'll even settle for 25.
Here are some tips to help you squeeze those extra minutes out of your day. Of course, you can adapt these so that they will fit in with your situation. I hope these are helpful to you.
1. Get up earlier
2. Watch less TV(I mean how many Law & Order spinoffs does one need to watch?)
3. Avoid allowing others to waste your time
4. If you don't have to drive to work, use that time to study or planIf you do drive to work listen to a motivational tape on the way to work instead of that mindless dj talk.
5. Organize your work; do it systematically.
6. Make creative use of lunchtime.
7. Delegate authority if possible.
8. Spend less time on unimportant phone calls.
9. Think first, then do the task.
10. Do what you dream about doing, instead of just dreaming about it.
11. Work hardest when you're the most mentally alert
12. Eliminate activities which make the smallest contributions to your life.
13. Always do the toughest jobs first.
14. Before each major act, ask "Is this really necessary?"
15. Choose interesting and constructive literature for spare time reading.
16. Learn how to sleep. Sleep soundly, then work refreshed.
17. Skip desserts.
18. Stop smoking.
19. Write notes or letters while waiting for others.
20. Always carry an envelope with paper in it and a few stamps.
21. Combine tasks which are done in the same area.
22. Be prompt for all appointments.
23. Lay out your clothes the night before.(I need to remember this myself)
24. Call on specialists to do work that you cannot do efficiently
25. Learn to read more rapidly.
26. Take a nap after dinner. Then take a shower. Begin the evening hours relaxed and refreshed.
27. Avoid interruptions.
28. Avoid making a big production out of tiny tasks.
29. Search out job shortcuts.
30. Know your limitations.
31. Work to your full capacity. I know it's tough to break bad habits. However, it is necessary to make sacrifices so that your business can be successful. Don't try to implement all of these ideas at once. Implement them one at a time and repeat them until they become a part of your daily routine.
This article may be distributed freely as long as the resource box remains intact and the content of the article isn't changed.
To show my appreciation for using my article, I am giving the person that uses this article a FREE solo ad to my ezine list.
Please forward a copy of the ezine or the url this article is posted on to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The only rule that I have is that I don't promote sites that aren't family friendly
Copyright 2004 DeAnna Spencer
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$DeAnna Spencer is the editor/publisher of Prospecting and Presents.
Subscribers get one FREE ad per week.
To subscribe visit http://www.pnewsletter.com
could not open XML input