|Video Streaming Information|
Seven Tips on Making a Successful Video Production
Producing a video for your company can be an exciting and potentially stressful experience. There's more to it than simply assigning a video production company to the task and crossing your fingers.
To get the most from your video production dollars, we'll take a look at seven top tips for making your corporate video a success.
1. Start with Results. The first step is to work out exactly what you want your video to achieve. Is it to train staff on a new procedure or is to increase interest at trade shows? Design your video concept around the desired result. Often clients get caught up with showing off their company that the main message gets lost.
2. Write a brief. Once you know what you want to achieve, work out what you want to show and explain in your video. Formulate a brief that specifies your objectives, target audience, the countries your video will be viewed in and any required languages. A list of all the shots that you need is also helpful. Will the bulk of the shots be at your premises and do you need your CEO to talk to camera? Video production companies will try to calculate how many days filming are required to work out the cost, so it's important to know how much needs to be filmed at the outset.
3. Know your image. What sort of image do you want to present to your customers? While watching your corporate video, your customers will be left with an impression of what type of business you are and what to expect when doing business with you. If your television program happens to be radically down-market than your up-market product suggests, then you create cognitive dissonance in your prospects. This will mean that your viewers will be left with an uneasy feeling that something isn't quite right with your company and will automatically distrust your message. To avoid this, make sure the quality of production reflects the quality of your product/service. This can involve using a professional camera operator with broadcast quality gear to having a graphic artist design maps and titles.
4. Messages. One of the key areas to work out is what communication messages you need to get across. Work out the 4-6 key messages and develop the video around these. If you have too many messages people will tune out. Essentially, make sure you give information that your audience wants to know (not what you think they ought to know).
5. Script. The script provides the backbone to any video project. It's always worthwhile spending extra time refining the script. As a rule of thumb, it needs to be completed before any filming begins. The best kind of script is short and sharp and revolves around your main messages. The quicker you can get your message across, the better the result. Avoid putting everything into the script, as wall to wall voiceover is quite tiring (and boring) to watch.
6. Assign a contact person. A designated person from your firm will need to be available to work with the video production company. The production house will need script information and approval, help in organising shoots, copies of your logo and other relevant materials and someone to view a draft of the video and then finalise. This person will also need to make sure that the look and feel of the video best represents your company.
7. Get expert advice. A good production company will be able to advise you on the best format for your needs such as the music, the filming, editing style and how the schedule will run. They will also be able to take your brief and come back with a range of suitable suggestions. Don't stress about the technical issues. That's the job of your producer.
(c) Marie-Claire Ross 2005. All rights reserved.
Marie-Claire Ross is one of the partners of Digicast. Digicast works with organisations who are not satisfied that their marketing and training materials are helping their business grow. She can be contacted at email@example.com. The website is at http://www.digicast.com.au
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Cloud Video Streaming Market Worth USD 16.6 Bn by 2023 at 18.9% CAGR | Cloud Video Streaming Market ... - GlobeNewswire (press release)
Made by Google 'Interactive Video Streaming Device' arrives at FCC, likely Google Home Hub - 9to5Google
Video Converters 101
Your PC may contain hundreds of video files, all encoded differently - AVI, MPEG, RM, WMV, DVD, VCD, MOV, etc. If you are looking for video conveter tools, here are some suggestions.
Put Audio & Video on Your Web Site
As a company that sells streaming media services for a living, we get questions everyday about what needs to be done to make an audio or video presentation that will stream well over the Internet. Most of these inquiries come from small businesses with limited budgets for marketing and advertising.
Benefits of Training Videos
A major problem with the running of a large corporation or PLC, is the increasing expense of staff training programmes. Training videos are exactly what the title says - videos made for the purpose of staff training.
Independent Video in the Information Age
One of the primary obstacles for video content distribution over the Internet is the cost of specialized software required to encode video. Video encoding consists of converting video content into compressed digital data that can be easily distributed electronically.
How Video can be used Effectively Online
A powerful way to convey your communication messages to your audience is to be able to have your promotional video available on your website.Yet, we have probably all experienced visiting a website and clicking on a video only to have to been irritated that the content is not viewable or that the sound is inaudible.
Peer to Peer Internet Video Broadcasting
Unlike standard television broadcasting, there are a limited number of viewers that an Internet television station can accommodate. These limitations are determined by the amount of bandwidth the network media server has available.
Boost Your Online Sales with Audio and Video Support
Have you ever noticed when you are shopping at most any retail store there is background music being played and if you need help understanding how a product works or need aid in purchasing the correct equipment there is always a person near by to help you?This is what your ecommerce or online sales website needs to achieve that comfortable atmosphere where visitors to your online store will enjoy shopping. When you make your store online comfortable with audio or video your customers are apt to stay longer on your website and that means a better chance of a sale.
Google Video Viewer tweaked for Non-Google content
'DVD Jon', a Norwegian programmer, has tweaked Google video to make it play clips that are not on Google's servers.Google Video ( http://video.
How to Interview on Video
When doing an interview there need to be at least three people involved. The person being interviewed, you, the interviewer and someone to work the camcorder.
How to Star in Your Own Promotional Video
Well, it's official. You are going to star in the company marketing video (or commercial) and you will have a part talking to camera.
What You Need To Know if Your Company Wants To Produce A Video
Studies show that people remember merely 20% of what they hear, and only 30% of what they see, and an incredible 70% what they hear and see. * With this in mind, it's no wonder why video is such a powerful communications tool.
When Does a Corporate Video Add Value?
A professionally made corporate video production can greatly enhance your company profile and can be used in a variety of applications. Listed below are a number of the most common uses for corporate video.
Create a Favicon for Your Customers Bookmarks in Four Easy Steps.
A favicon is a custom icon that sits next to your web site title in a persons favourite's menu when they have bookmarked your site, it is an easy way to create an 'eye drawing image' to ensure that people always see you link in their favourite's and should hopefully encourgae them to check out that 'great site that they haven't visited yet today!'This is a quick guide that will provide instructions on how to create one for your site, it really is very easy and will help to create a extra tool to maintain your site in the customers mind.All it takes is four easy steps.
Interview with a Video Virgin
Shani Alexander is the founder of Relocations Made Easy (www.relocations-made-easy.
Beginners Guide to PC Video Editing
If you're new to PC video editing then knowing where to start can be a bit daunting, so hopefully this guide will point you in the right direction.To start with you will need a few items of equipmentCamcorders/Video DecksDepending on your requirements or aims there are number of different solutions to discuss, so i will split these up into separate sections.
Creating Value With Streaming Video Content
Having a corporate or promotional video for your company is often viewed as something of an expensive luxury - useful, but rarely considered to be an essential marketing tool. Whilst many businesses can understand the benefits of having a corporate video, all too often they are put off by the perceived cost and subsequently find it hard to justify commercially.
Is Video Streaming the Future for Corporate Video?
Things have changed quite a bit from when I started in the film & video business in 1988. Back then, many corporate programmes were still shot and edited on film.
E-Commerce & Streaming Media: A Marriage that Works
In the heavily populated world of E-Commerce, what determines whose site will be successful and whose won't?Is it the layout and design of the basic site? No. We all know of sites where no expense was spared on design and the company still failed to produce a commercial success.
Video Biographies; Why Hire a Professional?
There are lots of reasons to create a video biography. Some people have a desire to share and pass down stories from one generation to another while others would like to leave behind a family or personal legacy.
Beginning in Videography
If you're looking to get into videography and video editing as a hobby, the options can be daunting. Here is a small question and response that may help you get started in this fun and rewarding hobby.
|home | site map|